This gastronomic tour in Umbria includes accommodations in the fascinating town of Norcia, one of the most beautiful small towns in Italy. The ancient city of Norcia is known in particular for the fact that Benedict of Norcia, the first Christian monk and founder of the Benedictine Order, was born here. But the principle glory of Norcia is her gastronomic delights, for this reason considered the gastronomic capital of Italy, lending its name for the Italian words “norchino” and “norchinery”, meaning, respectively, “sausage maker” and “sausage factory”, which makes it no surprise why we stop here in this paradise of cured meats and cold cuts! Moreover, Norcia is the most important center for the production of black truffles , producing a wide range of products, protected by the geographical origin of the brand, attesting to their authenticity, which means that only here will you find these products! Just as Norcia can lay claim a vast harvest of lentils, whose fields burst with color and surround the entrances to the city. When they are in bloom, from May to July, your eyes will open wide to take in such a splendid sight of bright, vivid colors staining the fields and valleys in a rainbow of vivid colors, reminiscent of an Impressionist painter’s canvas. As promised, nature, gastronomy and peace of mind!
During this tour, you will:
– Visit the sausage shops and cellars of the town of Norcia’s famous Mastro Peppe, where you will taste delicious homemade sausages;
– Take part in a Cooking class conducted by a professional chef, together with whom you will prepare a typical Umbrian meal, which you will enjoy at lunch;
– Visit the famous “Arnaldo Caprai” winery in Montefalco, meet an expert oenologist who will explain the production of Sagrantino wine. Followed, of course, with tasting the best wines and snacks;
– Take a trip to where the famous cheese of the Sibilline mountains is made, including a demonstration and a mini-lesson on how the cheese is produced, followed by lunch with delicious local cheeses and lentils;
– Visit an olive oil production mill, followed by a delicious lunch made of fresh, local products;
– Go hunting for truffles with an authentic truffle hunter and his specially-trained dog;
– Walk in the picturesque towns of Narni, Spoleto and Norcia;
– Enjoy a million other positive, fascinating experiences and impressions!
On your tour you will be accompanied by an English-speaking guide throughout the entire program and move on comfortable buses or minivans.
Scheduled in the tour is a stay at Hotel Palazzo Seneca**** – an elegant and charming 16th century residence, belonging to the prestigious Relais & Chateaux chain. The motto of the owners of the Umbrian Palace residence is to “make every guests feel at home”. Exquisite furnishings, elaborate decor and striking colors, all the while retaining its devotion to tradition, the use of natural materials and a love for this territory are easily seen in every detail. Palazzo Seneca is an ideal place to stay in the heart of Umbria. The free wi-fi provided in all its rooms will allow you to effortlessly share your experiences with your friends.