Tuscany is the most famous and popular region of Italy. It offers inexpressible charm to all those who for one reason or another find themselves among its picturesque yellow-green hills lined neatly with paths of cypress, or among its vast fields dotted with sunflowers and sun-red poppies. Amidst this natural beauty stand medieval towers of the ancient towns of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, each with its own unique and rich history.
Our program includes accommodation in a wonderful farm stay—or“agriturismo”—near the famous San Gimignano – the city of a hundred towers, a medieval Manhattan. We will make an excursion to Siena, the city of world-famous horse races; visit a local farm, which has a particular breed of white bull as well as other animals and does its own beekeeping; visit a candy factory; and finally, meet skilled craftsmen who create unique products made of crystal and even see their famous showroom, located near the town. And don’t forget about the gastronomic aspect of our trip—Tuscan cuisine!—in which you will be able not only to try different local dishes, but also learn how to cook them. Also, during the months of June and July the lavender fields of our farm stay are in full-bloom, and you will have the opportunity to take a master class on the manufacturing of lavender-based products and even sample lavender-based delicacies for dinner! Finally, it should be noted that various festivals are organized in Tuscany, and, depending on your selected tour dates, you could have the opportunity to attend one of these unique festivals. Are you already mentally in Tuscany? Then pack your bags and join us on this unique Tuscan tour!
1 week tour in a small group includes:
– 7 nights at a farm-stay near San Gimignano with pool;
– Daily fresh homemade breakfast of Tuscan food and delicious dinners;
– A lesson of making and decorating items with lavender, as well as a lavender-based dinner;
– A cooking lesson with the master chef on preparing an authentic Tuscan lunch with the collected vegetables from the garden;
– A visit to a farm and tasting of local products;
– A visit to a Tuscan sweets factory as well as products tasting;
– Tours of San Gimignano, Siena, and Colle Val d’Elsa;
– A visit to the laboratory of crystal production;
– Ice cream at the parlor that won the ice cream World Cup;
– An unusual drawing lesson for children (and, if desired, also for their parents);
– The opportunity to visit one of the colorful festivals of Tuscany;
and an extraordinary boost of energy!