Not all travelers know that the south-western part of Tuscany has its own special name – Maremma. This is an extensive and unspoiled land which has retained its true spirit, with a vast cultural and historical heritage, rich and strong origins in its tastes and odors, offering unforgettable landscapes and panoramas. A journey in Maremma is a full immersion into the wild, full of feelings and emotions, with real cowboys and dug in the ancient marshy settlements, underground cellars and thermal hot springs, marine lagoons with unique flora and fauna and delicious Tuscan cuisine. The pleasant and mild climate of this area, perfect for outdoor recreation, has long attracted travelers from all over the world. We invite you to discover for yourself the most delicious side of Maremma!
Our journey will give you the opportunity to become familiar with the largely undiscovered “Morellino di Scansano”, a dry red wine which is produced only in a small area in the south-western part of Tuscany and is known to a small group of wine connoisseurs. Although wine is produced from ancient times – even during the Etruscan period – the brand itself and, later, the wine consortium that brings together producers, appeared only in the 70’s of the last century. Thanks to the work and perseverance of winemakers, the highest quality standards and commitment to the traditions of the 2007 wine “Morellino di Scansano” received the prestigious mark of quality DOCG, which indicates the state guarantees and controls the local production of the wine. Morellino di Scansano is an easy and pleasant wine, and its dark ruby color bears the influence of the sea breeze that cools the hot summer sun. We are sure – you will love this wine.
During this tour you will:
– Visit to the famous “Morellino di Scansano” winery
– Visit the underground cellars in the Pitigliano, a unique Etruscan town perched atop a volcanic limestone ridge;
– Become familiar with the traditional practices of authentic Tuscan cowboys
– Spend half a day at the famous thermal springs in Saturnia;
– Have a Tuscan cuisine cooking lesson;
– Visit a cheese production factory;
– Visit the unique ‘Tarot’ Garden-park with sculptors by Niki de Saint-Paul;
– Walk through an Etruscan archaeological zone;
– Enjoy 3-4 wine tastings;
– Have the possibility to go fishing, play golf at the famous field, go horseback riding, or just swim in the clear
– Have total immersion in nature, which will charge your internal “batteries”!
On your tour you will be accompanied by an English-speaking guide throughout the entire program and move on comfortable buses or minivans.
Scheduled in the tour is a stay at resort Antico Casale di Scansano located in the beautiful Tuscan countryside in a renovated former farmhouse of the 19th century. Your stay here will be truly memorable as you immerse yourself into complete relaxation among the wild hills, where gentle slopes with vineyards alternate with olive groves, chestnut trees, pines and oaks, and blooming meadows and fields appear before your eyes with indescribable beauty. On the site you can learn to ride horseback, or relax in the wellness center which includes a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and various treatments.